Supplies of the Industrial Rack project:
- 2 Steel conduit pipe (60 X 3/4 inch)
- Threaded on both ends
- 1 Steel conduit pipe (36 X 3/4 inch)
- Again threaded on both ends
- 6 floor flanges (3/4 inch)
- 2 elbow joints (3/4 inch)
- 4 nipples (3/4 inch & threaded on both sides)
- 4 caps (3/4 inch)
- Flat black protective spray paint
- 24 wood screws
- wood base (I found a wood base at lower that was a bit longer than my horizontal pole- that gave me a wood lip and a stronger base).
Once you have all the pieces, assembly is super easy. Spray paint first. Once all your pipes and joints have dried go for the base. Screw/drill the four flanges to the bottom of the wood base (a drill is not necessary but makes the project fly by). After you assemble the base, drill/screw the two left over flanges to the top of the base and insert pipes. Voila!
Total price: $120 (Got all supplies from Lowe’s)
*A vendor in KC sells a similar rack for $218-not counting shipping.